Banner

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics Rant Part 2

USA! USA! USA!

One of the unintended consequences of the Olympics is phrases and stars associated with teams and athletes become part of office talk.

I hate having a meeting when the following conservations occur.

“Can you make your quarterly forecast?”

“Do you believe in miracles?”

Than everyone starts chanting USA! USA! USA!

Yeah that’s how I want to have my meeting go.

Or the ever popular references to Olympic athletes during work.

“We got a delay in getting our reports.”

“Maybe you should get Phelps to get for you. Man he’s so fast.”

Than everyone starts chanting USA! USA! USA!

On top of the Olympics references you also have to deal with the following personalities.

Mr. “Did you see what happen last night”.

OMG do you see Phelps last night? He was awesome! Man, the women’s gymnastics’ team choked on the floor exercise!

Mr. “Sports knowledge show-off”.

Man did you see that girl had her toe off and that’s a half point deduction. Swim times are better because of the high-tech swim suits and the depth of the pool.

Mr. “In my day”

In my day, swimmers had only Speedo’s and not these high-tech swimsuits.
In my day, only homo’s did male gymnastics.

And who can forget Mr. “I can do that”

Man that’s nothing I could squat 500 lbs.

So before you open your month know that you are all a-holes and no one cares about your Olympics references. In fact no one cares about you so shut the F-up!

0 comments:

Netklix